Alerting & Monitoring
An important part of any log management system is alerting. Rather than constantly searching your log data for specific events, why not let Loggly monitor for you? Loggly’s paid plans (Standard & Pro) include the alerting functionality. We’ll run your saved searches on a predetermined schedule and send emails or messages to your chosen endpoint when search results fall within a set band.
There are three main components to an alert:
- Alert threshold: How often should the condition be monitored and what number of events (or lack of events) should trigger an alert?
- Search: Describe the terms & conditions.
- Endpoint: We can email a user or trigger a third-party endpoint. We support generic POST/GET endpoints & offer an integration with Alert Birds.
Alerting Scenario Examples
- Alert if I have less than 10 sign-ups per hour. My saved search might look like:
- Alert if my response time is greater than 3 seconds more than 5 times per minute. My saved search might look like:
json.response_time:[3 TO *]
- Alert if there are more than 10 errors in a 30 minute period. My saved search might look like:
apache.status:500 OR json.exception:error