Loggly Provides a Scalable Log Management Service Using Open Source Technologies
Are you looking for a less painful way to manage your logs and looking for open source log management solutions? Loggly is a comprehensive log management system that uses leading open source technologies including Elasticsearch and Apache Kafka to provide an easy-to-use service that can grow as your business does.
It’s actually really hard to build a log management system that scales. Open source makes the software less costly, but it takes a lot more than software to have a log management service that’s there when you need it and that won’t crash or fill up when your log volumes spike. Open source log management tools require you to dedicate significant amounts of people’s time to something other than your core products. Why not take advantage of Loggly and put your development resources on projects that will differentiate your business?
Loggly does not require any proprietary software or agents; it utilizes an open approach to collecting logs from a variety of sources. Its log management features include:
- Centralized console: With Loggly, you need not ssh into individual servers. All of your log data is available through an easy-to-use console.
- Automated log summaries: Search is not your only tool for finding answers from your logs. Since Loggly parses log data at ingestion time, it can generate real-time summaries including field values and event counts.
- Point-and-click trending graphs: Loggly lets you create bar, line, or column charts displaying sums, counts, averages, and more.
- Powerful search and filtering capabilities: Loggly enables full-text and individual field searches along with range searches and booleans.
- Built-in-alerts: Loggly issues alerts via email or uses existing on-call services like PagerDuty or HipChat for escalation.
Compare Loggly to your open source alternatives by setting up a full-featured free trial. It only takes a few minutes.